Sunday, March 6, 2011

Deleted: "Rob Bell - You Don't Have to be Born Again?"

I deleted a post regarding Rob Bell and his promo video for his book "Love Wins" It has everyone in an uproar about Christian Universalism. While I do not condone his teaching, I do not condone my own knee jerk reaction. That is not what I am about; neither should this blog reflect that. Further, I like my criticisms to be cohesive, not disconnected sputtering sentences. Over all, I'm disappointed with how Rob Bell is baiting people into conversation, and I'm disappointed with how easily we get sucked in. For the most part his book is veiled by its pending release, and we're all falling prey to marketing strategy. But I am going to re-write, knowing a few more details, and will try a more irenic tone.

The post, probably isn't in hell, but it is at least deleted.

1 comment:

  1. I think Rob Bell, while heretical in his views, is doing a masterful job at selling books. That is what he is after. No doubt he does want to rub evangelicals especially but he is doing so to sell books. He wants money. That is the bottom line for him getting the hornets nest stirred up.

    ReplyDelete